Easiest Sriracha Hummus




Hey guys!

So I used to buy a lot of hummus from the stores when I was out of India. It was soo convenient, and they always had every imaginable flavor. But after getting back, I started getting a little more conscious about what I ate, moreso because I became a food ball and most of it was because of all the processed food I ate on my trip ( and junk, and wine :)).

Ever since, I've been cooking most of my meals and making dips/dressings/sauces from scratch with less to none processed ingredients. This my go to hummus, because a) SRIRACHA b) soo easy. I dont add tahini which cuts down prep time without compromising on the flavor. You can go one step further and make it healthier by omitting the hot sauce, but I think I'm allowed a few vices in life. Anyway, this is a great dip/spread/dressing. Eat with raw carrots/ falafel/pita/bread, anything. Infinite possibilities with this dip :) and such a great source of protein for vegetarians​ and vegans.

So let's get to the deets!


Makes about 1 cup


You'll need:

Chickpeas: 1 cup boiled (save the water around the chickpeas post boiling in a bowl)

Garlic: 3 cloves( I personally like more garlic, but you can cut down)

Lemon juice: from 1 large lemon

Extra virgin Olive oil: 2 tbsp

Sriracha/Chilli sauce- 1 1/2 tsp

Salt: to taste

Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp

Chilli powder/flakes: 1/2 tsp


POA:

In a small food processor, first add in the liquid components. Start with around 2 tbsp of chickpea water, followed by the lemon juice, olive oil and sriracha sauce. Then add in the chickpeas, salt, cumin powder, chilli powder and 1/4th tsp chilli powder. Blend until smooth. If its not blending well, add some more chick pea water. The hummus should be of a pasty consistency. Take it out into a small mason jar/ air tight container and top with olive oil and remaining chilli powder.

This, for me, stays good for around a week.(TIP: if serving as a dip, top with a dash of olive oil and a sprinkle of chilli powder over the hummus in a bowl)

Hope you liked this recipe. I will be sharing recipes where I use this hummus, so keep watching this space for more. Meanwhile, share your food experiments with the #thatgoodlifethough and follow me on instagram for more about me and my life.

Until next time xo.

Comments

Popular Posts