The Body Shop Favorites



I've luckily never had an acne problem in my teens. But when I was 21, I suffered from mild Acne Vulgaris. I took treatment for it for almost a year and it got much better. Even though I stopped getting new breakouts, I was left with bad scarring. Chemical peels took care of this to a huge extent, but I still had some blemishes on my face.

Even though I dont like compromising on skincare , I prefer sticking to minimal (and essential) products. I am not one to use 4-5 products to deal with one skin concern. So after the whole Acne story, I was looking for something (ONE THING) to minimize my blemishes and came across The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash. Two of my friends were using this at that time and I tried it out. I must say, I loved it the first time and I love it still. I'm on my 5th bottle and I'm most likely never going to switch to anything else. Although the other products in this range didn't do much for me( I tried the tea trea oil and the toner), this product sure is a winner! I hope it never gets discontinued, because that might put me in full panic mode. After almost 5 years of using this, here are the pros and cons:

PROS:

- Lightweight formula
- Gets the daily dust and grime off your face effectively
- Cools and soothes your skin
- Smells minty fresh and amazing
- Does not dry your skin or make it oily
- Does not lead to further breakouts by itself
- Lightens and fades blemishes away over time
- A little goes a long way; One bottle lasts almost 6-8 months for me
-Vegan and cruelty-free
- Pricing is decent; Rs 695 for 250 ml

CONS:

-Can't think of any



You must know, however, that this cleanser is more for blemishes and does not target Acne. You can buy this online, here

-

Like I mentioned before, I don't like using too many products on my face. I have non fussy skin overall, but my under eye area can be a little bit of a pain sometimes. When I don't get enough sleep, it shows under my eyes the next day in the form of puffiness and dark circles. The fact that almost every good eye cream is pretty expensive, makes trial and error difficult and quite frankly, unnecessary. 

This one day when I was visiting The Body Shop Canada to stock up on Face Wash when I came across the Drops of youth  youth eye concentrate (note how most beauty product names are a mouthful?) :) . You must know that I'm a huge fan of good packaging; So naturally when I saw the white minimalistic packaging of the eye concentrate, I picked it up (after almost half hour of going back and forth about buying it, being the indecisive person I am)

It retails in India for Rs 1995/- for 10 ml. The description on The Body Shop India website says
See life through younger-looking eyes. Our unique Drops of Youth™ Eye Concentrate, enriched with Edelweiss plant stem cells, instantly refreshes the eye contour, and smoothes out the appearance of lines, bags and fatigue* for younger-looking eyes. Smoothes the appearance of lines around the eyes* Appearance of eye bags seems reduced* Eyes appear less tired* Innovative cooling roller ball pump applicator Partner with bestselling Drops of Youth™ Concentrate for a youth-enhancing boost Edelwe "

Directions:




What I think-

PROS:

- Instantly firms the under eye area
- Significant reduction of eyebags and dark circles (~60%)
- Cooling; the roller ball tip is like having your own little personal eye masseuese
- Vegan and cruelty free

CONS:

-Slightly expensive
- Just 10ml (why do all eye creams come in such tiny quantities, whaayyy)
- Wouldn't​ really help people who have excessive lines, wrinkles or other elaborate under eye problems
- May not be able to help people with more mature skin

If you're looking for a miracle product, this may not be it. But if you're looking for something mild to make your eyes look a little less tired and more taut everyday. The Body Shop also has a sale going on right now where this along with a lot of other products are at half off. So hurry. Buy here

If you have any doubts or thoughts, you can leave in your comments below. I will make sure to answer them. Follow me on Instagram @varshabhashyakarla for more about me and for similar content.
'Til next time XO.

Comments

Popular Posts